Not every person qualifies for clear alignments treatment. If you are wondering whether this treatment method is the right one for your child or teenager, you need to keep in mind there are steps you MUST follow first in order to see if this is the right treatment for you or your child. Keep in mind, clear alignments are a treatment for teens or adults with issues that are not serious and can be fixed without seeing an orthodontist. It is not for everyone.
Who can get Clear Alignments Treatment?
- Teens and
What kind of problems do you have with your smile (Teeth)?
There are different issues people have when dealing with their teeth and consequently their smiles. The main problems there are, and that are fixable with Clear Alignments Treatment are these:
- Crooked Teeth
- Gaps in their teeth
- Overbite and Underbite teeth
- Overcrowded teeth
- Overlapping teeth
- Open bite teeth
- Mostly straight teeth
An example of overlapping teeth is when the two front teeth called central incisors are one on top of the other. Also, the bottom teeth can be overcrowded making them look as if they are overlapping when in fact they just need space to fit. Regardless of your problems, if you follow the directions from the company you are ordering, and take the steps needed to see if you qualify for this kind of treatment, you can fix your problem over the mail.
What are the benefits of ordering Clear Alignments Treatment over the mail?
The biggest benefit when ordering “braces” over the mail is the price. The price difference between metal braces and aligners is substantial. Invisalign, the best-known company providing this option charges differently depending on the problems you have. SmilesDirect, another company offering this service states that they are cheaper than Invisalign by $4,000 dollars. The thing to keep in mind is that not everyone is a possible candidate for these treatments. Your problems need to be relatively minor for you to get aligners. Therefore, the price should be much less than going to the orthodontist and getting metal braces for you or your teen.
How do I Get Started?
- First, you need to go to the company you want to purchase the aligners from and answer a few questions.
- The company’s online form asks you what kind of smile you have. That means what are the problems with your teeth. Are they overcrowded? Do you have an overbite or underbite? Do you have a gap? etc.
- The fill-out form asks for your personal information. Name, address, phone number, etc.
- The company you choose will send you a kit for you to return to them. It is a kit to have a mold of your teeth, and then they will inform you whether you are a candidate or not.
- Fifth, they will send you clear aligners and instructions on how to properly use them to make a difference in your smile. If they don’t fit, or they are uncomfortable wearing them, call the company to resolve the problem.
What Are The Benefits of Clear Aligners?
They do work, and the price is much less than metal braces. I personally found the process of getting clear aligners easy to follow. The price was right, and although at the beginning I was a bit hesitant about the true benefits of having clear aligners versus metal braces, I am happy I chose clear aligners.
What Are The Disadvantages of Having Clear Aligners?
Personally, the only disadvantage of having clear aligners is the fact you have a clear, plastic retainer at the end of your treatment. You do not have metal retainers, and you have to replace the plastic retainer every six months according to the company. That means you will always have to pay for a retainer for the rest of your life.
If you or your teen have minor issues with your teeth but want to have a straight, beautiful smile, then clear aligners can be the solution for you. Check out the companies before you sign up for the treatment.